Record Keeping in Fort Worth, Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
BENEFITS OF DIGITIZATION
- Retrieve your information with a few simple clicks. Finding a paper document within a thousand pages is sort of like finding a needle in a haystack, or diving into a dumpster looking for that important thing you threw away. Make your workflow more efficient and convenient.
- Efficient Searchability. If you need to look up references to certain clients or customers, digital records streamline this process far more than physical paper records ever good. With our OCR technology, you’ll be able to use specific keywords to find documents at a fraction of the time they would take to sort through paper.
- Forget Transcription, just copy and paste! Not only will you be able to search for specific keywords, but you will also be able to highlight bodies of text from existing files to copy and paste into other documents with OCR.
- Replicate forms, or Edit existing ones. Need to update a form that that only exists in physical form? OCR transforms your text into an editable form. Update your forms, fix misspellings, add new fields or subtract! Create templates to enter new client information or update existing ones!
- Make the most out of your Facility Real Estate. The longer you wait to digitize, the more file cabinets you’ll have to add. Eventually your records will grow so big you’ll need another room for storage. Un-limit yourself. When you take all your paper documents from a physical space and convert them into a digital form, the only limit you will know is the cost of virtual storage space which is more cost-effective than maintaining a file room. Free up that square footage and turn that file room into something for useful like a new office or a break room.
- Easier Maintenance. Save on maintenance labor and storage costs by eliminating the task of filing and re-filing of your paper documents by hand.
- Avoid the Risks, Back Up, Ease your State of Mind. Remove the risk of elements (flood, fire, etc.) corrupting your physical data. Preserve and secure the information that is important to you. Such a worst-case scenario could devastate your business. Save yourself the stress and reduce the threat of losing important information. Preserve your data in a secure location and back up.
- Protect you company against frivolous claims. Maintaining digital records can safeguard your company in the event of a dispute. You may need to retrieve copies of important records years later, in which case a digital document management system is ideal.
- Access Anywhere! Time to throw out that ancient fax machine. Be able to transmit and share valuable data over long distances through your desktops, tablets, phones, and any other mobile devices. No more waiting! Global collaboration with authorized parties has never been faster.
- Security. We use SSL encryption for electronic document retrieval, which is the most secure form of encryption available. You can rest easy knowing that your data is safeguarded from outside users and only authorized parties. We also offer the option to assign different privileges to your files, so only members of your organization who need to see your files have access.
COMMONLY USED FILE FORMATS
File formats that are commonly used in businesses worldwide, and their benefits:
The TIFF file format is commonly used as a record keeping file format of choice for industries and institutions that require absolute confidence in the security and quality of their digital record keeping. As a format, it offers a feature set that makes it ideal for some industries. Here’s why many businesses in critical industries make use of TIFF as part of their digital record keeping.
- A high-quality format that does not suffer from degradation when saving.
- Is also capable of lossy compression to reduce file sizes.
- Widespread usage, ensuring that it can be read on nearly all modern devices and operating systems.
- Ideal format for scanned documents.
- A great deal of support for file conversions.
- Being an image format by nature, document formatting is maintained from one screen to the next.
- A secure document format that cannot be embedded with malicious code or files.
- A well-established document format that will be used well into the future
The PDF file format is prevalent in everyday business communications. It also offers a number of features that make it ideal for record-keeping purposes, such as the following:
- Easily searchable; its mix of text and images make it a versatile file format.
- Widely used and understood; supported by every operating system used in the modern business environment.
- Centralized storage, naming conventions and rich document text allows for simple document retrieval.
- Relatively small file size keeps storage costs down while maintaining good quality document copies.
- Password-protection built in to the format to ensure documents are only read by the intended recipients.
- Like TIFF, document formatting is always maintained from one computer or device to the next, giving it a huge advantage over popular office document formats such as Microsoft Word.